5 Memorable Birthday Celebration Ideas of All Times

Restaurant Gabriel Kreuther 2015 with
the famous Empire State Building behind.
I just had my 21st birthday last month (21st?! Yes, I stop counting since my first 21st! Lol) In the past month, the question I was often asked was:"How did you celebrate your birthday?". That's right, how?

Growing up, my family always spoiled me by throwing birthday parties with fancy birthday cakes each year. From 14' inch Barbie cake to 20' inch giant white bunny cake! I even had a Mercedes Benz and a Jeep toy cars powered by gas (electric car did not even exist back then!) as presents when I was 5. Now that I'm all grown up, and Barbie cakes seem rather silly, how should I celebrate birthdays? To sum up, here are my five most memorable birthdays, thanks to all the wonderful people in my life who made them happen (as well as the photographers of course!):






1. A Romantic Birthday Dinner at, not just a nice restaurant, but also one with a great view.

This is taken in Asiate at the Mandarin Oriental
Hotel in NYC. Head there in the afternoon while
the sun is out, and you will see the view below. 

Amazing isn't it?

Other places with incredible view in New York City can be found here.


2. A Romantic Heli Ride at Sunset

Here is one of my favourites: Landing on the top of the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong.

Photo credit: Thank you Calvin W. who took such an incredible photo of me!

What better way to enjoy the Hong Kong city skyline than from a helicopter?

Photo credit: Calvin W.

And if you take the last ride of the day towards the evening, you will be able to catch the sunset too!

Photo credit: Calvin W.


My most memorable birthday celebration of all time is definitely
3. Spending Birthday in Paris

Mon chéri had a tough time topping this after he pulled this stunt in 2013.
Birthday celebration at one of the finest restaurants in Paris  - Epicure in Le Bristol Hotel Paris.

This dessert was so mind blowing that I wish I could have it everyday!

For something less fancy and more touristy, Ladurée on Champs Elysées in Paris could be
your go to choice too! I mean look at these fabulous pastries! Who doesn't love them?

...And you get to take photos with the famous landmark and brag about it on FB, no?


Too far? Pas de problème!
4. Have a short getaway to a nearby town or country

If you live in the US, Disney World in Florida can be a fun getaway for celebration!
And hey, they have a little Paris (above) inside Epcot Disney too! 

What I like the most about Epcot in Disney World Florida is this epic firework & light show scheduled every night!

Or you can visit Universal Studio in Florida where they
have the biggest Harry Potter Land with new rides opened
this year! 

If you live on the West Coast, a Utah adventure or an exciting Arizona getaway can be a fun idea for a unique celebration. Their national parks are like nothing you have ever seen before.

Horseshoe Bend in Arizona.

Photo credit: Liz L.


If you are too busy to go on a vacation, then I suggest just stick to the basics and do it elegantly

5. Celebrate with a fabulous cake (and of course at a place with view)!

I have suggested this place in a few of my posts previously because this is the best place in
Hong Kong to enjoy the famous skyline - Lobby Lounge at Intercontinental Hotel.

Photo credit: Stephanie L.

Here is a better look of the fabulous cake from Ms. B's Bakery in Hong Kong.
I haven't yet found a decent cake shop in New York City that has the same level of fabulous details on a regular birthday cake, but when I do, I will let you all know for sure.

Photo credit: Nestor N.

I'll be taking off for my trip to Asia this weekend, but stay tuned for my next post about Christmas season in New York City!

(Please note: All photos in my blog are taken by me, except the ones with me in it or stated otherwise, so please be respectful and do not use them without my consent.)

Comments

Popular Posts