Escaping the City - Into the wilderness I

I got a preview of my adventure ahead
My April adventure had been a stressful yet a meaningful one. I was born and raised in cities my whole life, and although I traveled each year with my family when I was young, we usually traveled to other cities. With that said, I had never really been into the wilderness before, never mind the desert! Thanks to my friend, Liz, who invited me to this adventure, my Easter vacay had truly opened my eyes and made me realized how much fun it can be touring around the wild.

Unlike my usual Easter tradition where I hunt for Easter afternoon tea, this year I flew to Las Vegas on Easter Sunday to meet up with my adventure buddy. I did spend a little time exploring the sin city, but it couldn't compare with the thousands of amazing photos I took at the National Parks.




One of the parks I found very scenic is Arches National Park. Everywhere I turn presents another photo opportunity. I even risked my life climbing to the top of some of the site for good photos and being fear of height definitely makes it harder.


Arches National Park:

The yellow arrow is where we need to be --- The Window Section.

And this is the closest a car can get. Time to go for a walk!

Photo credit: Liz L.

Can you see me??
To give you a sense of the actual scale, I'm standing on the far right of the arch!

Photo credit: Liz L.

On the left side of the Window Section is the Double Arches (walking distance: 30 minutes).

Do you see the tiny people behind me?

Photo credit: Liz. L


The arch is actually a lot bigger than what you see in this photo...

Photo credit: Liz L.

This is the Balance Rock.

Uh-Oh! Sun is setting....!!! We still need to get to another famous site...!! 

We drove past this while rushing to the next site before sun down...

Here is it - the famous Delicate Arch. (Don't be fooled by the pic, it was nearly pitch dark at that time)

This photo did not come easy though! 

We hiked for 40 minutes and went through some curvy bumpy steep paths after sunset. Eventually we arrived here, but the sky was nearly dark as the sun had set prior to our arrival, we snapped a few quick photos and rushed back down the mountain. The sky was pitch dark by the time we began our descent, and we got lost mid way. I was a little afraid and a bit peeved that my advice was ignored to retreat earlier to avoid returning in the dark. Thankfully we ran into another hiker during our descent and even though it took a while longer, we managed to find our way back. The 2 hours hike was quite scary, although it was quite an experience. At least I got one good shot of the famous Delicate arch! Amen. 


Bryce Canyon National Park

We are such a tourist posting at the board lol

I'm just one feet away from heaven.

* Click to enlarge


Natural Bridge, elevation 8627.



Dead Horse Point State Park:


* Click to enlarge

* Click to enlarge


Here are some interesting road scenes and rock formations we drove by:



Do you see a Jeep on that rock?








I have taken so much wonderful photos that I couldn't share them up. Therefore, I will continue my adventure on a separate post which contains a lot of my favourite shots. Be ready!!

Continue to part II of my adventure here.


Comments

Popular Posts